Dear Mom and Dad,
Every holiday I have guilt for not doing more holidayish things. 6 in particular would love it if I decorated more. She makes little decorations for the holidays out of paper and Scotch tape and hangs them on the windows. But I saw an easy t-shirt craft online, and I decided to try it, and it worked out. All kids had a great time painting them, and we will be decked out for the parade on Monday.
We also went swimming at the Lindon Pool, and I picked up my first Bountiful Basket. I am a believer. Yes, I did get brussels sprouts, but I actually ate them for lunch. Produce can be so expensive, and on my own I don't seek out variety, so it's fun to have someone give me ingredients and then have to figure out what to do with them. Tomorrow for dinner I am roasting Italian vegetables--eggplant and mushrooms--a la Dad.
I loved the Greene's blog post about your arrival. You looked so wonderful. I'm sure it's draining to be "on" all the time meeting and talking to people--on my mission I really needed to be alone on Pdays for that reason. But I also felt the Lord strengthening and blessing me to be able to help the people feel how much God loves them.
I hope your internet gets fixed soon--I can send you hard copies of this blog in case those would be easier for you to read when you are in the car traveling places. In fact, I think I will. I will still type them into the blog, but I'll send you hard copies to keep with you.
I really hope that you can feel the strength of people praying for you. I hope that it lifts and sustains you. We love you so much and we know that you are engaged in the Lord's work.
Love,
Emily
No comments:
Post a Comment