Dear Mom and Dad,
Nail polish ... can be a dangerous and highly uncomfortable substance. That's all I'm saying on the internet. But there is more to the story.
We took the kids to the balloon launch this morning. But it was windy and we just watched them inflate, which was kind of a letdown. Then we were a dollar short for the pancake breakfast, so we got Kneader's french toast instead. I did a long yoga podcast. The very slow weight loss progress I have made evaporated completely after a week of no exercise and excellent, abundant food. Sigh. But if I can get back into the yoga again, it makes a huge difference. I think that holding a pose for a long time strengthens my willpower to not overeat somehow. I was doing pretty well until life got crazy, and now I need to recommit again.
My kids watched Cars with DH's dad while I did initiatory at the temple. We were going to go swimming after but it was windy. Then we were going to paint Fourth of July t-shirts, but they were supposed to be prewashed and I hadn't done it yet. So then we were going to play games, but 4 was not obedient so he got sent to bed early, and I played Ticket to Ride with 6 and 9. 6 has never won that game, and did not win tonight either, but at least was not last.
DH worked one to 9 today. He has been gone a lot in the evenings, and 4 goes around saying he doesn't like Daddy, only Mommy. He says it frequently and I'm not sure why. He is the first of our children to overtly prefer me to DH. 6 and 9 always liked him better than me.
Tomorrow morning I am going to pick up my first Bountiful Basket. It's a food coop, where a bunch of people get together and buy produce for wholesale prices. They say it's like getting $50 worth of food for $15. They had a special on blueberries and on decorate-your-own July 4th cookies. So you know what the specials are in advance, but you don't know what you're going to get in the basket. I could wind up with kale and rutabagas. We shall see. I'm kind of looking forward to using it though. Maybe I will plan menus for the farm around the random produce I get.
I thought about you a lot in the temple today. I figured that I was in the temple at just about the same time you would have been waking up, and I prayed for you that you would have a good day meeting the missionaries and doing what you need to do. I love you very much and hope your day is great.
love,
Emily
No comments:
Post a Comment